Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:43 am 

I was thinking this might be a terrific "fun run" destination for our Z club. I haven't visited this museum since the tornado devastated it back in Oct. of 1979. The museum has come a long way since then and promises to be a great place to get together and see some interesting aircraft. I've posted the link below for the museum.

Please let me know if any of you are interested. We can make this trip on a weekend if that works for you.
Cheers!
https://neam.org/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:10 am 

John Kish,

Hi to all! I'm having much difficulty with the "new" much brighter headlights so night events get much thought!!

This would be a great fun-run!
It would be wonderful if the museum would open the "work in progress/repair" area for a group our size.

Hoping to meet up at an event or two during the coming warmer months.

Alan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:42 pm 

I'm in!

But this coming weekend looks wet. Let's see if the next weekend, Saturday the 16th, the weather looks better.

Blue 78 280Z
TBD 73 240Z
Red 83 280ZX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:57 pm 

Hi Alan!

Regarding your nighttime vision issue:

Many new cars have bright headlights which remain ON by default, until the light sensor detects another oncoming car, at which time they lower to "less blinding" setting :roll: Additionally, our Z cars are somewhat lower than common street machines today, and the new projector lamps seem aimed directly at our level.

I've found that if I flash my highbeams at an oncoming offender, his lights automatically dip to 'Less Lethal'. If that doesn't work (or if the oncoming driver flashes even brighter lights) "other methods" are required.

I've spoken with several law enforcement officials about this problem and they assure me that, altho the CT State Highway Code still strictly limits the number of Lumens any civilian vehicle may emit, enforcement has become problematic. Special State-Approved and calibrated light meters are required to measure the headlamps or road lamps or flood lamps or light bars in order to get a court conviction. Such light meters are expensive enough to prohibit each police car from carrying one, requiring a shift supervisor to respond to each such complaint while the cop and offender wait for it to arrive. The small fine for such a conviction comes nowhere near the cost of the wait and the trouble to persecute these offenses. Therefore, the liberal government simply ignores your plight and lets them blind you.

Further, the CT State Highway Code still strictly prohibits the use of any colored lights on the front of civilian vehicles, except pure white (headlamps) and amber (parking/directional lamps). All other color lights are reserved for various emergency vehicles. Today we are seeing masses of vehicles dressed up like Christmas trees with various color lights on every side of them. That's clearly a violation but it has become ignored by the people who we pay our taxes to; we have no protection against idiots who want to impersonate police officers and drive thru traffic flashing red and blue lights from their cars. Nearby states permit such light displays, and if the car is registered to one of those states, that further complicates a conviction here. The liberal government simply ignores your plight and lets them impersonate cops.

And the next time some juvenile races down main street blatantly pulling wheelies on his unregistered/uninsured dirt bike, don't expect the cops to stop him, either.

Be more careful how you vote next time; your wonderful nation, which you sweat and slaved to help build, is being dismantled before your very eyes while the devil dances and laughs.

Vote harder.
Frank T

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:04 pm 

Sorry John, I seem to have hijacked your excellent FunRun suggestion into a political rant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:37 am 

Yo Frank and Johnny Z:

That's a big bunch of blinking! My daughter gave me a pair of tinted "wear overs". They do help! At least now I can drive at night. That combined with looking bit to the right helps also.

Hopefully, this year, I can make some of the monthly meetings. I DO miss those events.

Alan