Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:16 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:19 pm 

Fellow Z owners sharing this event with you all. You are all welcomed to this event.

Come and take a trip back to celebrate the eras that defined generations of Car & Truck owners.

Gipper’s Restaurant & Ale House
Address: 304 Old Gate Ln, Milford, CT
Date: July 16th 2022 **Rain date: TBD
Time: 2pm - 7pm
Awards will be given at 6pm
50/50 raffle
Show car/trucks: $5 per vehicle cash only.
Spectators: Free
Happy hour specials for attendees.
Music

Awards will be given to:
Best of the 90s era
Best of the 80s era
Best of the 70s era
Best of the 60s era
Best of the 50s era
Best Hot Rod (1940s & older)
Best Car in Show (All years)

Awards will be also given to those who dress the part of an era.

All make and model cars and trucks are welcomed to join the event.

Proceeds of this event will go to the Disabled American Veterans foundation.

Sponsored by:
NAPA Auto parts
Athletic Brewing Company
Neala's Boutique
Maw Munchies

Still accepting sponsors,
please contact RAD STALLIONS founder Miguel Santos
Email: radstallionsct@gmail.com for more information.

Attachments:
Flashback Car Show FINAL 800x600.jpg
Flashback Car Show FINAL 800x600.jpg [ 340.57 KiB | Viewed 4707 times ]

Last edited by madmax2099 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:39 am 

It's on my calendar! Thanks! :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:52 am 

So far the weather looks good for this local event. :D I'm still up for this one. Anyone else???

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:43 am 

Great time at the "Flashback" car and truck show held this Saturday in Milford CT despite the unexpected rain showers and the last-minute change in venue.

There was a real mixture of vehicles at the show, from a pristine Delorean to hot rods, cool trucks and even four Z cars :P . Paul Jensen brought his gorgeous "grabber blue" Mustang "restomod", Mark Kaplowe was there with his project 240Z and I brought my 240Z.

What impressed me was the effort the Rad Stallion Group did to pull this event off, especially when the venue had to be abruptly changed due to the unexpected and unfortunate passing of the Tailgators owner. The event had to be moved to "Gippers" just down the road last minute and the show turned out great. All proceeds went to benefit the Disabled Veterans. Kudos to "madmax" and his group for doing such a great job. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Oh, and surprise surprise! My Z won a trophy for best 70's car and Paul won a HUGE trophy for best in show! :D Both of us were stunned :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:43 am 

Great time at the "Flashback" car and truck show held this Saturday in Milford CT despite the unexpected rain showers and the last-minute change in venue.

There was a real mixture of vehicles at the show, from a pristine Delorean to hot rods, cool trucks and even four Z cars :P . Paul Jensen brought his gorgeous "grabber blue" Mustang "restomod", Mark Kaplowe was there with his project 240Z and I brought my 240Z.

What impressed me was the effort the Rad Stallion Group did to pull this event off, especially when the venue had to be abruptly changed due to the unexpected and unfortunate passing of the Tailgators owner. The event had to be moved to "Gippers" just down the road last minute and the show turned out great. All proceeds went to benefit the Disabled Veterans. Kudos to "madmax" and his group for doing such a great job. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Oh, and surprise surprise! My Z won a trophy for best 70's car and Paul won a HUGE trophy for best in show! :D Both of us were stunned :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:18 am 

Guys thank you for coming out to this event. Congrats John for winning it was a tough choice lots of great cars there. Paul's car was a clear winner it was a total show stopper. It won't be possible without having such great attendance. We raised over $300 at this show for the Disabled American Veterans. There was a blue Datsun Z that was at the show hopefully he sees this message and joins the group or comes out to one of the meets. A big kudos to the Gipper's owner allowing us to do this event, and he has asked for me to do cruise nights there every Thursdays from 5pm - 8pm at their location starting this Thursday!

Gipper's Restaurant and Ale House is an old school sports bar, with great beer, delicious wings, and awesome people working the place, we stayed for after the car show for their Karaoke night that they have on Saturday's after the show and the place was kicking lots of people there enjoying the place and signing.

If you ever need a spot to casually meet one day let me know the owner is always opened to allow us to do a show or just have a meet of cars there. I am still processing all the photos and will post the pictures of the Z cars here.

Thank you for your support!