Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:25 pm 

It occurs to me that we have added over a doZen new-joins since last year's meetings. I hope some of the news guys and gals can make it to tonight's meeting, so they can introduce themselves. :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:48 pm 

I hope so too and plan to have the new members introduce themselves at the meeting.

See you tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:43 pm 

GOOD MEETING! Thanks, John ~ well done.
About 2 doZen of us had a really fun time.

Pictures and discussion later tonight.

Frank
Well, none of my pictures came out. :? I had a charged battery and a new SIM card and thought I played all the keys right, but nothing showed up. NO, Karl, it wasn't the lens cap; I already lost that during the last meeting! And YES Gary, I had it switched to the ON position. :roll:

Anyway, I saw Alan snapping shots throughout the night, so I think he probably saved us (again....as usual).

This meeting was fun and refreshing. It was really great to zee all our past PreZidents together again at the same time. And we had plenty of familiar faces and a few new-joins to meet, as well. PreZident John Kish gave us enough time to try to kill all 10 boxes of various piZZas before the meeting started, but we failed. Gallant effort, but there was just too much piZZa. Napoleon might have won the Winter Campaign if he'd had all that for his troops.

It was good to zee a number of our members bringing their sons and wives. The interest in the old and new Zs is as sharp as ever, and the next generations will still be involved with these great machines when we're done with them.

John introduced new members, said goodbye to a departing member (Sammy Chamois, whose govt job is moving him south), and listed the Club's accomplished and upcoming events for 2021.

Our Club founder and first PreZident Ross Williams gave an exciting presentation about his experiences representing us at ZCon in Colorado with son Graham. He produced an excellent video presentation of the full week's events, including some thrilling in-car driving competition and the roll-out introduction of the new 2021 400hp Twin-Turbo Z!

Not to be out-done, son Graham then showed HIS OWN production of that same week thru his own lens, with his own music, and using only all-original shots. It was hard to chooZe which presentation was better, but everyone grinned thru both of them. Well done, guys. (By the way, any of you who remember Graham as a "little kid" had better forget that! They must have started feeding him since we saw him last; he's an inch taller than his Dad now).

The atmosphere was fun and relaxed. There were constant conversations held over open hoods and with the new-joins. News was shared about famous names in the national Z community and humorous recollections about past events. Plans for the rest of the Zeason were shared and discussion about how to fund the Club Kitty ensued. A 50/50 raffle at future events and meetings met with approval and will be pursued henceforth. In the spirit of helping fund the best FREE Z CLUB on planet Earth, our very generous member Gayle (Gayle 86 2+2) agreed to sell a set of four mounted Z wheels and tires for our benefit ~ half of whatever she gets for them will be donated to the Club Kitty. Watch for the upcoming post in our MARKETPLACE forum this week (as soon as we can figure out how to post pictures of the wheels) :roll: .

The meeting adjourned, we cleaned up the conference room, divided the remaining piZZas to be taken home and moved outside to the parking lot. As always, we found it impossible to just leave.....we had too many stories to share with each other. We stood around the cars for another hour telling stories and laughing, as we usually do.

And I never heard a single mosquito!

Thanks to everyone involved in this very enjoyable evening. Thanks Al, for bringing your working camera. Thanks again to PreZident John Kish for bringing us back together again this year, and thanks to all three of our PreZidents Emeritus (Ross, Jimmy and Phil) for gracing us once again with their presence at the same time.

It's events like this which make us realiZe just how much we really missed the Club's monthly meetings during the pandemic lock-down.

Z y'all at Lime Rock and Thompson later this year! :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:
Frank T

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:07 am 

Well, as usual Frank says it best. It was great getting our Z family together again last night. I know Alan took some good pictures which in his case, came out. Frank, you have to stop shooting pictures while looking in the camera lens instead of the sight lens. :lol:

Keep an eye out for Alan's pictures. Feel free to post any that you may have as well. And while you are at it, make sure you check the "Upcoming Events" forum for future club events.

Thanks everyone for attending, and helping out.

A Special Thanks to Scott Orsini and Dennis of Executive Nissan for being such gracious hosts!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

What a terrific meeting!
Thanks SO MUCH to Scott Orsini and all the wonderful people at Executive Nissan!

By my count, last night was Monthly Meeting #11 at Executive in as many years (not to mention TWO club car shows and ONE Z Palooza)! To say these guys have been good to us is the understatement of the year.

The weather was lovely, the turnout was great and the food was awesome - what more could we ask for?

Of course, as always, it was an absolute treat to spend a few hours with our fellow club members, old and new alike (no reference to age intended).

Special thanks to John K. and team for organizing the meeting and to Ross and Graham for sharing their ZCON memories!

Hope to see everyone again soon!

- Jim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:41 pm 

First thanks to Executive Nisssan for the use of their super facility.

It was super to see all again. Even a few new faces!

Initially I did not expect to be there. I was at a wake for a family member and with nothing planned, we headed home. I changed into jeans and sandals and headed for North Haven. I arrived near 1900hrs and did not have opportunity to log any photos except for indoor activity. Ross' entertainment was super with glreat shots of the mecca of Z events and some fabulous shots of Colorado. Yes 16000 ft makes for tough breathing!

When we moved outside it was rather dark to say the least. I managed a few at high ISO of 10,000 resulting in somewhat grainy exposures. I will, hopefully, have something posted in a day or so.

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:37 pm 

Hello all,

Another great meeting of the Connecticut Z Car Club was held at Executive Nissan in North Haven on 25 August 2021. It was great to see so many familiar faces and a few new thrown in for good measure..

Night photography is fun but difficult to get totally clear shots. The excessive grain is part of the game.

click on the link below for photos of the event.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PJ5hNhFm943S9h2RA

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:48 pm 

Good work Alan. Thanks for saving our bacon once again!
Frank T