Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:54 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 am 

Robin and I plan to leave Jamestown at about 1:00pm on Monday. Driving North on I-95, right up to Nashua. Would love to at least travel with the RI guys (Paul Mackin, Rob Olejniczak and any others). Our route may not make sense for many others. Let me know if anyone else is interested in meeting in Jamestown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:12 am 

I probably don't have to remind anyone of this, but Zs will be coming to Nashua from every direction, and some from very far away. Some of them will (will) break down along the way. These are 40 year old sportscars which the owners beat on, cut on and honed just days before attempting to drive them cross country to ZCon. Some of them are risking the drive before their cars are actually ready for the trip. It's sort of like Woodstock in August 1969 ~ people are getting there no matter how bad their rides are.

IF YOU ZEE A Z BROTHER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, you are pretty honor-bound to stop and help him out if you can do it safely. Don't cause a pileup by slamming on your brakes but get off if you can and offer him help (even if it's just cold water and technical advice). You might have the exact tool he needs to get back on the road.

If there are other Zs already stopped, you might not feel guilty about going ahead on. But please don't leave a Z brother alone at the side of the road if you can help it. Sort of goes without saying, but I wanted to say it anyway.

I can think of nothing more demoralizing than to be stuck roadside in the heat or the rain and have Z after Z pass by you, on their way to fun. :x

Let's help where we can, if we can, and make sure they know we're CTZCC! 8)

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 am 

Frank T wrote:
I probably don't have to remind anyone of this, but Zs will be coming to Nashua from every direction, and some from very far away. Some of them will (will) break down along the way. These are 40 year old sportscars which the owners beat on, cut on and honed just days before attempting to drive them cross country to ZCon. Some of them are risking the drive before their cars are actually ready for the trip. It's sort of like Woodstock in August 1969 ~ people are getting there no matter how bad their rides are.

IF YOU ZEE A Z BROTHER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, you are pretty honor-bound to stop and help him out if you can do it safely. Don't cause a pileup by slamming on your brakes but get off if you can and offer him help (even if it's just cold water and technical advice). You might have the exact tool he needs to get back on the road.

If there are other Zs already stopped, you might not feel guilty about going ahead on. But please don't leave a Z brother alone at the side of the road if you can help it. Sort of goes without saying, but I wanted to say it anyway.

I can think of nothing more demoralizing than to be stuck roadside in the heat or the rain and have Z after Z pass by you, on their way to fun. :x

Let's help where we can, if we can, and make sure they know we're CTZCC! 8)

Frank

AGREED! i'm one of the risking it guys....

but if my Z is driving great and since i carry a bunch of tools with me i would be happy to help a broken down Z. As Frank knows it makes for a great story. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 am 

Great post Frank and thanks for the reminder to all. Personally, I am bringing a full-sized spare and lug wrench. Robin is bringing extra hoses. I can think of no better outcome than seeing a Z brother with a flat tire and being able to get him back on the road within minutes.

Let's not forget that we're a family!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:26 am 

i too have extra hoses i will bring and other stuff. yeah it would feel good knowing you helped a fellow Z brother get to ZCON.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 am 

And they'd never forget it, and if they brought their wives or girlfriends (or their wives' girlfriends 8) ), the lady would never forget the brotherhood, either. Makes for a great bar story all the way around. Just do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:49 pm 

My intent was/is to enter my 350Z into the judged category as a daily driver. After reviewing the rules, etc. I will need an odometer reading of 75000 miles. Baby has only 21000. Does this mean points deducted or disqualification? Time will tell. I may have to take my chances in 350Z stock category.
I have confirmed registration can be completed on site and the ability to participate in the rallye on Wednesday for the whopping fee of $5.00.
In any case I will enter where I can.

See ya there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:55 pm 

Alan,
If they go by the official rules I think it will mean disqualification. The car is not eligible for the category so it would not even be judged.

Look forward to seeing you next week!

Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:37 pm 

On Monday I'll be waiting for some Tires to come in, so wing on a prayer, it happens early. At least Town fair is right next door to me, so all I have to do is grab them, bolt them on, quick test drive and hope all is well. So if any one wants to stop buy for a last tweak of the old Z, if all is good, gather for caravan, or like Frank has been saying, grab some extra parts. :shock: :wink: For now I still have other little things to do of course...................right until the last minute as usual. :roll: and it's all worth it :D are you felling the excitement yet :?: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 pm 

Can't even explain the excitement I am having. So much that I am having anxiety from it. Being so anxious and not knowing what the caravan plans are its driving me crazy. No one is saying what they want to do. So please lets get some final plans etched in stone so I know where I have to be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:17 pm 

Since my Z is dead I'm looking to carpool up and fly back (on a friend's small plane) home on Wednesday morning, or fly up and carpool back on Wednesday morning. Anybody interested in either flying to/from Hartford or carpooling Monday night or Wednesday morning? My friend's plane holds up to 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:58 am 

We're working on the caravan on another thread. :arrow: North route, south route and to meet in the middle in northern mass....in the workings. :arrow:

Post subject: Re: THOR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:57 pm 

Tenacious-Z wrote:
THOR,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your accident. I was really hoping to meet you at ZCON this year and we could talk smack talk without anybody understanding what we're saying. I'm glad to hear you're alive and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Viele Grüße,
Taylor

Thanks Taylor, wir holen das natürlich nach, versprochen!!!
Much fun in Nashua

Post subject: THOR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:05 pm 

Und wir bestehen darauf! Ich wünsche dir noch gute Besserung.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:31 pm 

I think I (and possibly others) have already posted this but pasted below is a link to the ZCCA judging criteria. If you are entering your car in the "judged" show on Tuesday, this is a must read.

For example, did you know that if you enter the "stock" class, you MUST have only an owners manual in the glove compartment? 5 point deduction if the owners manual not present.

Read now if your serious about taking home a trophy!

http://www.zcca.org/downloads/2012/ZCCA ... l_2012.pdf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next