Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:20 pm 

Yup

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:10 am 

:thumbs_up: 8) :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:02 pm 

Six months away from the Nashville ZCon, the world is facing a global 'flu pandemic. Several nations have aready shut their borders to outsiders so far. Airlines have cut back domestic flights due to travel restrictions and 'flu panic. Cruise ships filled with passengers are being denied entry at ports around the world. Governments are warning their people to avoid travel, hotels, restaurants and large crowds in an attempt to contain this virus.

It remains to be seen how (or even if) this virus might effect a 7,000 person Sep2020 ZCon. Within the 6 months we have left, the outlook for this threat might change very drastically in either direction.

I have asked ZCCA to keep us all aware of any change in plans this virus threat might cause. Thoughts? Comments?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:43 am 

After reviewing our schedule for the year I have decided I will not be attending ZCON. It has nothing to do with Corona virus it's a matter of distance and the amount activities I would actually participate in. Maybe it will come closer again to our part of the US.

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:27 pm 

I received a reply from Chris Karl today, the director of the ZCCA. He hopes for a complete recovery from the coronavirus threat by September and has no plans to cancel this year's ZCon.
Hi Frank,
Hope things are well up your way - we’re slowly migrating out of winter over here in Ohio. The news / media outlets have certainly created a storm of FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt…) regarding this latest virus. Note, however, there is no change regarding ZCON and I really do not anticipate one.

While it appears it could be worse than a flu running its course, I keep things in perspective that these things tend to have a cycle. There are six months from the Nashville ZCON and we don’t anticipate having to cancel the event.

We will continue to watch things as they progress and will certainly alert everyone should a concern arise. I think the biggest impact is we may find a sponsor to donate some hand sanitizer for goodie bags. ;)

Best Regards,

Chris

For now, the government has suspended all incoming commercial air flights from Europe and maintain the standing suspension for all incoming flights from China.
Both the NBA and the NCAA have canceled all sports competitions for this season.

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:13 am 

One month later, we still have no changes or updates. As of today every US state has had infections and deaths and the entire country remains in quarantine, with businesses and hotels closed and unnecessary travel restricted. If the ZCon were scheduled for today it would surely be cancelled, but we still have over 5 months to improve enough to still make this happen.
Frank T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:59 am 

Our Northeast states have extended our lock-down deadline until 15May. NYC is no longer the epicenter of the C-19 outbreak; that dubious honor has now fallen onto New Orleans. All immigration flights into the USA have been suspended until further notice. The boarder btwn USA and Canada has extended its restrictions until 15May, when they will re-examine the situation. Two Covid expert scientists have projected the threat to last well into the Fall and all are hoping we don't get a second wave of contagion after we lift some of the travel bans. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:22 pm 

From our Chicago member TENGU, who we had hoped to meet at ZCon this year, comes this list of car-world cancellations and postponements due to Covid-19:

Cancelled —

Geneva Motor Show
Historic Vehicle Association Drive History conference
Australian Grand Prix F1 race
Goodguys events in Texas and Arizona
Greenwich Concours d’Elegance
Buffalo Motorama
MAG auction, Peoria, Arizona
Philadelphia Concours d’Elegance
Studebaker Extravaganza at AACA Museum
Muscle Car City car show
Merzouga Rally
RM Auctions Auburn Spring sale
Monaco, Dutch and Spanish F1 races
Monaco Historic Grand Prix
RM Sotheby’s Monaco auction
World of Outlaws California spring tour
Bonhams Goodwood Member’s Meeting auction
McPherson College C.A.R.S. Club car show and motoring festival
Cincinnati Concours d’Elegance
AACA Central Spring Nationals
Scottsdale Motorsports Gathering for April
Detroit auto show
Paris Motor Show
Mecum Auctions Portland, Oregon, sale
The Mitty vintage racing weekend
Detroit Grand Prix race weekend
Keenland Concours d’Elegance
Le Mans Classic vintage races

Postponed —

New York Auto Show (rescheduled for August 28-September 6)
Techno-Classic Essen and RM Sotheby’s auction (tentatively rescheduled for mid-June)
Bahrain, Vietnam and Chinese Grand Prix races
IndyCar races at St. Petersburg, Alabama, Long Beach and Texas
IMSA races at St. Petersburg, Sebring (rescheduled for November 11-14), Alabama and Long Beach
RADwood events in South Carolina and Philadelphia
F9 movie (rescheduled for release April 2, 2021)
Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach auction (rescheduled for October)
NHRA Gatornationals
Motorsports Hall of Fame of America 2020 induction ceremony
Team Shelby Bash
Road Racing Drivers Club Evening with Rick Mears
Michelin NCM Bash at the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park (rescheduled for May 28-30)
Vehicle production at Lamborghini and Ferrari
Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show (UK)
NASCAR races (through May 3)
Bicester Heritage April Scramble (rescheduled for June 21)
Arizona FuelFest, rescheduled for September 19
Scottsdale Off-Road Expo
Charlotte Auto Fair (rescheduled for June 12-14)
Spring open house at Lingenfelter Collection
Mecum Auctions in Iowa and Texas
Greenbrier Concours d’Elegance (rescheduled for September 4-6)
Formula E racing season
24 Hours of Le Mans (rescheduled for September 19-20)
Gooding & Company London auction
Mille Miglia (rescheduled for October 22-25)
Ferrari Challenge races at Indianapolis and Snetterton
Michelin NCM Bash (rescheduled for May 28-30)
Spring Goo car show and auction (rescheduled for May 27-31)
Copperstate 1000 vintage rally (rescheduled for October 31-November 4)
Sonoma Speed Festival vintage racing weekend (rescheduled for September 4-6)
Keels & Wheels (rescheduled for October 17-18)
2021 Pirelli Calendar
Goodwood Festival of Speed
Indianapolis 500 (rescheduled for August 23)
LaJolla Concours d’Elegance (rescheduled for September 19-20)
London Concours (rescheduled for August 19-20)
Mecum Auctions Indianapolis sale (rescheduled for June 23-28)
HSR Fall Historics races
Introduction of NASCAR’s Next Gen race car
Mecum Auctions Gone Farmin’ Spring Classic auction (rescheduled for June 17-20)
EyesOn Design concours (rescheduled for September 13)
Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals (rescheduled for August 14-16)
RM Sotheby’s Elkhart Collection auction (rescheduled for October 23-24)
Leake Tulsa auction (rescheduled for June 26-27)
Sandhills Motoring Classic (rescheduled for September 4-6)
Bonhams Swiss auction (rescheduled for September 20)
Mini Takes the States road rally (rescheduled for summer 2021)
Luftgekuhlt 7 (rescheduled for November 1)
Road America Spring Vintage Festival
Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este, on the shores of Lake Como (rescheduled for October 16-18)
Trans Am Speedfest at Laguna Seca (rescheduled for December 3-6)
Monterey SportsCar Championship (rescheduled for September 4-6)
Sea Otter Classic races at Laguna Seca (rescheduled for October 1-4)
National Association of Automobile Museums conference (rescheduled for April 28-May 1, 2021)

:(

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:28 pm 

I have decided not to attend ZCon this year, if they even have it. My scheduled hip replacement this month has been postponed because hospitals are not handling any elective surgery during this virus emergency. I can't picture driving 2,000 miles in this pain and then hobbling around Tennessee for 7 days. It will take me 9 weeks of recovery and ReHab after the operation, and it doesn't look as if I can get a new hip until very late this year, if not early next year.

If ZCon is not cancelled and if Thor comes over for it, he can either drive my Z there or one of Paul's. I have 3 reservations held at the hotel there and Rick Morgan said today he will not risk the trip either, so at least 2 of my 3 reservations will be unused. If anyone wants to use one, PM me.

Last year I missed out on 2 weeks of Spa-Francorchamps and Germany, and this year I am missing out on ZCon. Hope Rochester gets delayed until Fall and still happens. :?

Frank

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:48 am 

It's not going to be the same without you Frank. I hope all will work out for you. I kinda ponder on the uncertainties that lie ahead. Will it happen or not. All restrictions may be lifted, but what about the economy and all the effects this has had on people. So just waiting to see, but if it's for the good of all, whatever happens, I'm good with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:35 pm 

TWO WEEKS LEFT TO CANCEL YOUR ZCON RESERVATIONS FOR A REFUND.

This notice is being received by some registered ZCon applicants. Many things have changed and precautions are being taken at several levels, but they are still trying to hold the thing:

"COVID Update and ZCON 2020 Changes

#1: We hope this message finds you and your families well - many have been looking for an update and here it is: ZCON is ON for Nashville.

#2: Expect details weekly leading up to convention week - we're working hard to produce the best possible event.

The following COVID Update
details changes for ZCON 2020:

(Latest information may be found at: http://zcon.org/conventions/2020/covid/)

Intent:
This material is intended to provide awareness of changes and updates on the ZCON 2020 event in Nashville, TN. We are working to implement some changes in order to be able to continue having the event occur amid the current COVID situation and follow safety considerations being imposed by municipalities and our venues. Our goal is to inform to the best of our ability and continue to make preparations with safety in mind. There are no guarantees in life and while we will provide our efforts to implement safety standards throughout the event, we ask that guests consider that ZCON is a large gathering of people.
This statement is NOT a replacement for your personal safety measures to be taken against COVID, please see http://www.CDC.gov and the recommended prevention and safety precautions. You are ultimately responsible for your own safety, but we're in this together. Our goal is to make your ZCON experience as fun and safe as reasonably possible. If you are NOT comfortable and have registered, please contact us regarding a refund (see updated cancellation policy below).

Impacts to Schedule
The COVID pandemic brings challenges but we are encouraged and confident that we can all have a fun time while taking reasonable safety precautions. The following are updates to the Schedule of Events for ZCON 2020.

1) Nissan Smyrna Plant Tours cannot be conducted and will unfortunately be cancelled due to plant being closed due to COVID impacts. This event will be removed soon from the Event Schedule and a mass-email notification sent to registrants.

2) Special Guests Evening will continue, albeit with some updates. We have special guests that would normally attend the event from abroad and domestically. We have received messages that Toshio Yamashita and Yoshihiko Matsuo (both Z designers from Japan) have sent their regrets that they would love to be at ZCON 2020, but cannot due to COVID related travel issues.

However, Peter Brock of famed BRE racing legacy has re-confirmed his attendance and is excited to be with us for our "50th Anniversary of the Z" celebratory event.

Additionally, John Morton is still scheduled to attend along with the members of JDM Legends TV-show, "Mad Mike" Taylor and others.

Please note that we are working with the Host Hotel (Embassy Suites Franklin) to follow their guidelines on seating associated to COVID requirements they are implementing.

3) HPDE Track Day at NCM format will be updated to a "Lead-Follow Instruction" format for all run-groups. Many tracks across the U.S. are adapting to COVID by implementing this format to separate student-instructor close-contact. ZCON 2020 will adopt this format as per National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park (NCM) guidelines to permit the continuation of the event. Instructors will be present with corner-workers and work with participants of the ZCON track day event; however, it will not be "in-car" as in past events. Each group will receive instruction from instructors assigned to watch their on-track driving and provide feedback after each run-group completes. More information on this format and the schedule will come soon from the ZCON motorsports team.

4) Banquets and Chili Party are being held as intended on Monday and Saturday during ZCON week, albeit the formats may be altered to accommodate hotel capacity restrictions. If current restrictions continue, we are looking at the possibility of two groups for opening and closing receptions to meet this capacity restriction in the Banquet rooms. If this looks to be a reality as we close in on ZCON week, we'll reach out and organize folks into two groups.

CDC and Embassy Suites COVID Guidelines
We highly recommend reviewing and following CDC guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html)
The host hotel where Registration, Banquets and other events within the ZCON event schedule has been advising on their precautionary measures during ZCON week. There will be a variety of sanitization (hand-sanitizer) stations throughout the hotel and extra measures are being taken by the Embassy (a Hilton Property) relative to cleanliness. The Hilton has published their COVID update here: https://help.hilton.com/s/article/Coron ... -19-Update.
The ZCON staff will work to limit the Event Registration room and make hand sanitizers and masks available throughout ZCON week.
Have questions or concerns? Please email us at: info@zcon.org.

Cancellation Policy Update
As of March 11, 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of coronavirus (aka COVID, or COVID-19) to be a global pandemic. Since then the outbreak has impacted a variety of events and our government and associated venues have taken steps to slow the spread. In response, we are providing the following COVID extenuating circumstances policy statement regarding ZCON 2020.
Reservations from Domestic U.S. based attendees made for ZCON 2020 (Weekend or Full Week passes) for the September event may be cancelled up to 7/1/2020 for a full refund if you are unable or uncomfortable attending with us in September due to the COVID situation. After that time, we will have made financial payments for various events, merchandise and other related ZCON event expenses that will not permit a refund EXCEPT in the event that the COVID situation forces a postponement and/or cancellation of the event. After 7/1/2020 a refund policy of 50% will be in effect up until 7/31/2020 on a case-by-case basis (assuming COVID is the source of the cancellation request).
Reservations from our International attendees - will follow the same guidelines above. Should a border be closed or other impact outside of your control, please simply email us and we'll work to resolve the cancellation with you.
We will be making reasonable attempts to socialize this change via mass-email and on social media with reference to this page's updates to ZCON 2020. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at: info@zcon.org.

We look forward to seeing our Z-family in Nashville this September, there are MANY special touches and maybe even a surprise in store for our guests".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:40 pm 

http://zcon.org/conventions/2020/event-schedule/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:36 am 

Well my Z's up on jack stands getting ready for the show. New Rack and pinion from Arizona Z car, and new BJ's and bushings for the front end, then new tires. May the shimmy go away. Well it goes away about 90mph, but would like to finally have a smooth ride. It's gonna be a long ride. Time permitted, I don't think I will get two Z's ready, but will have an empty passenger seat. May the Show go on. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:30 pm 

Hate to say it but I'm seriously considering skipping ZCON...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:03 am 

Due to the serious spike of covid in that area, I think I'm with Ya. Conn. and R.I seem to be doing better than all the other states, so why leave and go into infected area's. If ZCON could open up an online store so we can buy 50th anniversary merchandise I would be good with that. Maybe we could buy trophies too. :P As far as fixing up the 240.....well at least that show can go on. :thumbs_up:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next